The Wellness Program (Noj Qab Haus Huv)
FREE MENTAL HEALTH EDUCATION AND SUPPORT FOR HMONG AMERICANS
The Noj Qab Haus Huv (Wellness) Program is developed and hosted at Freedom Community Church to provide education, consultation, and support groups to improve coping and relational skills in children, adults, elders, couples, and families. Services are for all Hmong Americans regardless of faith or no faith. Although our services may improve your mental health, it is not counseling.
1. Individual Consultation/Mentoring (Drop in office visit: First two Sundays of each month from 12PM-1PM in the
Wellness Room at Freedom Community Church.)
2. Support groups (when we have enough interest, we’ll run these)
3. Monthly wellness challenges for Freedom Community Church (join us in the challenges by reading about it in the Wellness
4. Education/workshops/trainings (Will announce free workshops in blog. For specific trainings, email maLee@csufresno.edu).
What you can gain from the Wellness Program:
1) Healthy self-regulation techniques or effective coping skills.
2) Understand yourself and others better to develop a flexible world view.
3) Healthy relationship skills with children, family members, friends, and coworkers.
4) Career or other life stage explorations (Example: marriage, divorce, retirement).
Wellness Program Contacts: Dr. Ntxhoo Lis (Licensed and teaching background in Marriage, Family, and Child Counseling)
contact: maLee@csufresno.edu; 559-278-0349
Kelly Yang (background in school psychology)
Available for drop in consultation the first 2 Sundays of each month at Freedom Community Church in the Wellness Room
5136 E. Belmont Ave
Fresno CA 93727
(Belmont Ave & Peach Ave)